The Growing Cost of Poor Communication
Many employers believe that effective listening skills are critical for success. In fact, according to Harvard Business Review, ineffective listening is one of the most frequent causes of lost customers, misunderstandings, missed sales, low employee productivity and morale - and billions of dollars in lost profits and increased costs.
SIS International Research discovered that 70% of small to mid-size businesses claim that ineffective communication is their primary problem. Their study found:
- A business with 100 employees spends an average downtime of 17 hours a week clarifying communication.
- This translates to an annual cost of more than $525,000.
- Managers and office workers earn 40% of their salaries listening; executives earn up to 80%, but the vast majority only half-listen.
- Human resource professionals estimate that more than 80% of the people who fail at their jobs do so for only one reason––they can’t listen and communicate effectively.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
~ Stephen Covey
In just 29 days you can master the steps and skills to become an exceptional listener and communicator. You will learn:
- The 3 levels of listening and how to use them
- How to use the power of listening to steer a conversation
- How to avoid misunderstandings and increase productivity
- Why multi-tasking drastically lowers your productivity
- How to stop your mind from wandering during a conversation
- How to accept a compliment and how to welcome criticism
When you learn the secrets of effective listening, you’ll not only hear what your customers and associates are saying, you’ll begin to hear what they’re not saying which is equally important.
This 29 Days program gives you the awareness and power to listen and communicate in a way that will radically transform your relationships, your career and your life.